Thursday, July 7, 2011

Love your weeds!

Butterflies is the subject for the new Spoonflower contest with a palette limited to just these six colours (I missed yellow!):


It did show me though how habitual my colour use has become and that's the whole idea right? I quite like that it's a pattern that would never have come about if left entirely to me! If you have a spare second, please click through and vote for it :)

Tree-hugger's Lawn

Tree-hugger's Lawn Details - click for larger view.

This weedy design was inspired by the idea of leaving a bit of your garden for wild, native plants to grow.If you're not a lover of weeds but would like to attract more butterflies to your outside space, there are loads of websites about which flowers butterflies will be attracted to - either for nectar or as a food source for their caterpillars. These small, natural areas add up fast to increase the available habitat for local wildlife!
_________________________________________________

Forest & Sea ▪ www.etsy.com/shop/ForestAndSea
hand drawn nature on fabric, accessories & homeware

5 comments:

  1. This is really pretty - I voted for you but there were some lovely others that got my vote too :)

    I find it's never a problem to leave an area to weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nina! Yes, there are lots of gorgeous designs this week but luckily you can vote for as many as you like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely pattern, it has a really fresh feel to it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shirley and Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...