Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Taoyuan, Taiwan!

Google Street View is such a great tool but it never occurred to me to paint from it before I found this ingenious contest.

Taoyuan County, Taiwan. Click for larger image.
I came across some amazing views and finally chose this one; it's the Dahan River Valley in Taoyuan County, Taiwan. What cinched it for me was the cloud fall over the mountains (top left) and terraced fields (left bank). The Chinese characters say Taiwan.

Have a look at some amazing entries and leave a comment for your favourites right here!
_________________________________________________

Forest & Sea ▪ www.etsy.com/shop/ForestAndSea
hand drawn nature on fabric, accessories & homeware

5 comments:

  1. Hi Cally! This is a really beautiful painting! I love the colors. I don't use facebook so I left a comment on the blog (http://streetviewpaintoff.blogspot.com/). Hope that's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think you can comment on both - thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful place this is! I'd like to share a little sunshine with you in the form of an award? Would you accept it? It's at my blog! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! Such a great idea and you're painting is wonderful. I also love all your illustration/pattern work. Amazing! Congratulations on the the sunshine award—it's how I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for thinking of my blog Michele :)
    Welcome Penelope and thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...