Sunday, July 1, 2012

Distant Suns

A while back we were walking home from the cinema and it was a really clear and starry night with those high, translucent clouds you get in cold, dry weather. I've wanted to try them in a design since, so with the 4th of July coming up and a stars & stripes spoonflower theme, I've put the stars on an ombre striped sky:

1000 Distant Suns
I also tried it with a smooth gradient:

First Light
And finally, my original plan, with light clouds:

Summer Night Sky
If you have a mo' this week, head on over here to have a look at all the stars and stripes designs and vote for your favourites :)

................................................................................

Forest & Sea ▪ www.etsy.com/shop/ForestAndSea
hand drawn nature on fabric, accessories & homeware
  

2 comments:

  1. I really like this. I've seen a lot of crazy galaxy prints lately, but this represents the real sky I see at night. I think I like the ombre striped version the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If I can work out how, I was thinking about making some blinds for our Velux in the attic - a good star replacement for the washout summer we've been having!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...