Thursday, November 10, 2011

Koi & Crane

Another couple of vector images from my latest project:

Koi & Crane
I've based the crane on the Red-Crowned Crane which, although endangered through loss of habitat, has been increasing in numbers over the second half of last century. These beautiful birds have an elaborate courtship dance (involving throwing grass in the air!) and pair for life.

Red Crowned Crane by Roy Toft
While looking for inspiration I came across this photo of calling cranes on Hokkaido Island by the fantastic wildlife photographer Roy Toft. Have a look at more of his incredible work here and here!

................................................................................

Forest & Sea ▪ www.etsy.com/shop/ForestAndSea
hand drawn nature on fabric, accessories & homeware
  

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful koi and crane. I love cranes...used to live up by the North Sea and we had lots...even in our back yards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that must have been an amazing sight - they're just beautiful aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cranes! I tried to draw one once... they're wayyy harder to capture than they look! My attempt failed, but yours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...